Programmable Driving Simulation Software for Research, Rehabilitation, Training
M100K STISIM Drive® Software is a programmable and fully interactive virtual reality driving simulator engineered to take advantage of cutting edge computer technology. Results from more than four decades of independently validated driving simulation research are incorporated into STISIM Drive® software. More than 500 universities, government agencies, medical facilities, training centers, and corporations have used STISIM Drive® to conduct research, perform occupational therapy assessment and treatment, and provide driver training.
The programmable STISIM Drive® M100K software comes with over one hundred forty ready to run driving simulations that present diverse driving situations, customizable roadway environments, and an extensive library of roadway objects. The driving simulator software also allows for user definable data collection. M100K software supports a 60 degree driver field of view.
- More than 140 pre-designed scenarios
- STISIM Drive® Scenario Definition Language (SDL)
- Module programming feature
- Interactive and programmable roadway events
- Interactive, programmable, and realistic roadway environments
- Detailed help files, documentation, user resources
- Transmission options
- Ready to drive, test, and evaluate
- Modify existing or create custom scenarios
- Control events, signal lights, pedestrians, vehicle traffic
- User definable data collection
- Programming experience not required
- Advanced scenario and configuration design
- Cue scenario events dynamically
- Ease of operation and maintenance
- More time driving and less time reading
- Visual replay of previous sessions
Open, Programmable & Expandable Software for Numerous Driving Simulations
Open: With the STISIM Drive® Open Module plug-in software, users can interface to STISIM Drive® with programming languages like C++ to create custom applications or expand the driving simulator’s functionality.
Programmable: A core element of STISIM Drive® is Scenario Definition Language (SDL). SDL is an easy to use scripting language that allows for user designed roadway environments and driving situation events. The key features of SDL are:
- Allows definition of the visual data base (intersections, vehicles, pedestrians, traffic control devices, buildings, flora and fauna, miscellaneous elements).
- Traffic and pedestrians are intelligent and can be programmed to present hazardous situations.
- Roadway profile is defined in terms of highway engineering specifications (horizontal and vertical curvature and transitions, cross section slopes, etc.).
- Built in driver assessment tasks including car following, divided attention, pedal reaction times.
- User definable data collection including vehicle dynamic states, timing, distances and more.
Expandable: Users can expand the functionality of the basic STISIM Drive® driving simulation software with add on modules that include a DUI module, Advanced Vehicle Dynamics Module (VDANL Drive), and the above mentioned Open Module:
- Adds realistic time delays to the driver’s inputs to simulate driver responses when impaired.
- User can specify a BAC or have the driving simulator software compute BAC based on driver’s gender, age range, body size, number of drinks and drinking time.
- Simulates tunnel vision effect that occurs at higher BAC levels.
- Can be used with any existing driving simulation.
Advanced Vehicle Dynamics Module, VDANL Drive
- Comprehensive vehicle dynamics capabilities using a composite slip tire model.
- Simulates virtually all driver induced maneuvring up through limit performance conditions defined by tire saturation characteristics (spin-outs and rollovers).
- Simulates performance of passenger cars, light trucks, SUVs, buses and articulated vehicles.
Programmable Plug-in Module, Open Module
- Allows users to write custom source code modules that can be plugged into the STISIM Drive®simulation loop, using standard languages such as C, C++, VB, and other Windows COM compliant languages.
- Provides the user with a means of creating custom and proprietary enhancements that expand the capabilities of the basic STISIM Drive.®