Expandable Driving Scenarios & Metrics for Research, Rehabilitation, Training
STISIM Drive® Software is a programmable and fully interactive virtual reality driving simulator engineered to take advantage of cutting edge computer technology. Results from more than four decades of independently validated driving simulation research are incorporated into STISIM Drive® software. More than 500 universities, government agencies, medical facilities, training centers, and corporations have used STISIM Drive® to conduct research, perform patient assessment and treatment, and provide driver training.
STISIM Drive® software comes with over ninty ready to run driving scenarios that present diverse driving situations, customizable roadway environments, and an extensive library of roadway objects. The system also allows for user definable data collection.
Open: With the STISIM Drive® Open Module plug-in software, users can interface to STISIM Drive® with programming languages like C++ to create custom applications or expand the simulator's functionality.
Programmable: A core element of STISIM Drive® is Scenario Definition Language (SDL). SDL is an easy to use scripting language that allows for user designed roadway environments and driving situation events. The key features of SDL are:
- Allows definition of the visual data base (intersections, vehicles, pedestrians, traffic control devices, buildings, flora and fauna, miscellaneous elements).
- Traffic and pedestrians are intelligent and can be programmed to present hazardous situations.
- Roadway profile is defined in terms of highway engineering specifications (horizontal and vertical curvature and transitions, cross section slopes, etc.).
- Built in assessment tasks including car following, divided attention, pedal reaction times.
- User definable data collection including vehicle dynamic states, timing, distances and more.
Expandable: Users can expand the functionality of the basic STISIM Drive® software with add on modules that include a DUI module, Advanced Vehicle Dynamics Module (VDANL Drive), and the above mentioned Open Module:
Advanced Vehicle Dynamics Module, VDANL Drive
- Comprehensive vehicle dynamics capabilities using a composite slip tire model.
- Simulates virtually all driver induced maneuvring up through limit performance conditions defined by tire saturation characteristics (spin-outs and rollovers).
- Simulates performance of passenger cars, light trucks, SUVs, buses and articulated vehicles.
Programmable Plug-in Module, Open Module
- Allows users to write custom source code modules that can be plugged into the STISIM Drive® simulation loop, using standard languages such as C, C++, VB, and other Windows COM compliant languages.
- Provides the user with a means of creating custom and proprietary enhancements that expand the capabilities of the basic STISIM Drive® software.